Wednesday, June 26, 2013

THE ROAD TO FREEDOM

every time I watch each sunset
i'm reminded of what I've done
for there are things I cannot change
i know what's gone is gone
wasted time never comes back
this is a reality
no matter how much I try
it will never come back to me

life has to go on
though how painful it may be
i have to bear the pain
of a scarred and wounded body
renewal starts within
before it shows itself
so with the seed of faith
i've to nurture it myself

an inch of a chance
is worth a mile of life
but an inch of regret
kills like a deadly knife
sunsets are not forever
for the sun shines everyday
i can still be free
i can still find the way

new rays of hope
will enable me to dream
i know I'll quench my thirst
when I finally found the stream
and things will be different
my outlook won't be the same
i'll find the road to freedom
guided by God’s Holy Name

RMP
(11- 27- 2000)
Edited 4/17/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment