Wednesday, January 3, 2018

A RUNNER'S WAY

“To keep on going, you have to keep up the rhythm.”
― Haruki Murakami, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running

battling the elements
even for reasons unknown
each run is a witness
even if I do it all alone
there are new discoveries
even meanings found from pain
it may look and sound crazy
but running keeps me sane

the inner peace becomes a gift
from each persistent stride
there’s a sense of relief
when I do it from outside
the sounds of my footsteps
remind me of a superior power
the right time is here
why wait for the eleventh hour

keeping up the rhythm
is a personal choice
the more active I am
the more I hear the inner voice
there are risks I know
when I go beyond the norm
but this is a runner’s way
to be in a better form

RMP
1/02/18
Winnipeg MB Canada


No comments:

Post a Comment