Friday, April 7, 2017

RANDOM #86

“It is our choices… that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”-J.K.Rowling

i’m not a great runner
i don’t have that burst of speed
that puts someone on top
and consistently takes the lead
i maybe a bit competitive
but I run against my time
if someone’s ahead of me
I’ve my own mountain to climb

i’m not a great writer
i don’t have a masterpiece
there are just some thoughts
that I really don’t want to miss
prolific, I am not
i just can’t control the flow
there are just some moments
that I simply can’t let go

i am not a great poet
i am no Edgar Allan Poe
but my verses are reflections
of what I really want to show
no formal measurements
all I need are simple lines
my freedom is limitless
when I feel and see the signs

i am not a great man
and will never ever be
i am just a small fragment
to someone else’s memory
i don’t have a great name
but it doesn’t matter anyway
as long as I can run and write
there’s nothing more for me to say

RMP
4/6/2017
Winnipeg MB Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment