Thursday, March 9, 2017

MY WAY (DU30) VERSION

And now, your end is near
And so you’ll face the final curtain
Damn! I'll say it clear
There is no case, with that I'm certain
You say I am a fool
If bodies are found in every highway
But more, much more than this
I did it my way

Killed, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
The law I knew gave me exemption
I planned with others of course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When executions were handled by my crew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I shut them up and cut them out
I pulled it off and then they fall
And did it my way

I ordered, and then they died
I'm winning the war, they are losing
And now, as crimes subside
I find EJK so amusing
To think my crew did that
And may I say – it’s the only way
Oh yes, oh yes, it’s us
We did it our way

For what is a man, what has he got
If he has no balls, then he has not
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows they took the blows
And did it my way
Yes, it was my way

RMP
3/8/2017
Winnipeg MB Canada


2 comments: