Thursday, December 14, 2017

A WINTER PERSPECTIVE (of an aging runner and a struggling writer)

“To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold.” Aristotle

Watching it up close time seems to stand still
A nostalgic sight unfolds despite of the wintry chill
When snowflakes fill the ground there’s that magic thrill
A transforming landscape echoes a different kind of drill

An enchanting scene while the land is turning white
When darkness sets in it will be a long and frosty night
Though loneliness creeps in with the absence of the light
I’ve more reflective moments urging me to think and write

Business as usual it may not be an ideal day
The snowfall may cause such an unavoidable delay
When the windchill takes over and the sky turned gray
I’ll miss the scent of home but life has to go on anyway

A good run is possible even if it’s freezing outside
A perfect time to do something I haven’t tried
With mobility at stake I will go out with all my pride
It’s a struggle at the start but later I’ll get into my stride

RMP
12/12/17
Winnipeg MB Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment