Monday, December 3, 2018

BREATHING SPACE

“Sometimes you just have to stop, take a deep breath and put things into perspective.” Katrina Mayer

I thought it was a perfect fit
the perspective was so ideal
promising from a distance
everything seems true and real
but when I get closer and closer
something just doesn’t feel right
the outlook was an illusion
a trick’s hidden from my sight

a landscape is deceiving
the access is nothing but a trap
unmet expectations are tempting
the urge widens the inner gap
there are more questions
raised by endless comparisons
while the rat race goes on
i’m running out of reasons

I don’t know if I’m seeing it right
or complacency has overtaken me
the appetite’s no longer there
to obtain a privileged degree
I know the race isn’t finished yet
that’s something I have to face
mediocrity isn’t my comfort zone
but I need a breathing space

RMP
12/2/18
Winnipeg MB Canada



No comments:

Post a Comment