Monday, November 5, 2018

RANDOM #110

"We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy." Martin L. Gross

the incumbent’s on a rampage
the next in line’s a figure head
a nation’s future is in limbo
the electorate’s a walking dead
with unresolved conflicts
bloods of the innocents are shed
the blame game fills the air
is it the black, yellow or red?

there’s nothing new around
even the critics are just the same
the pledge is just a pretense
to protect a tainted name
flooding the polls with resources
control is their ultimate aim
old and new folks vie for seats
for our nations halls of shame

overwhelmed by complacency
I think I need a little tweak
sick and tired of duplicity
I’ve already reached my peak
no more time to be wasted
fixing the enormous leak
having better things to do
I’ll ignore these online freaks

RMP
11/04/18
Winnipeg MB Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment