Sunday, November 29, 2015

RANDOM #47

“Where we love is home, home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.” Oliver Wendell Holmes

losing my senses bit by bit
nostalgia’s creeping in my soul
the landscape’s now an enemy
my eyes see a distorted role
alone in my shrinking world
i struggle inside a pressure dome
inside this lonely space
i long for the scent of home

down on my knees
i am trying to be strong
i know it won’t be easy
to figure out what went wrong
reminded and consumed
of the life I left behind
this journey I chose
is an unending uphill climb

a sign of weakness maybe
or I just simply realized
the deviation I made
is now claiming its’ prize
the allure of everything
in this place where I now roam
won’t ever surpass the feeling
when I smell the scent of home

RMP
11/28/15
Winnipeg MB Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment