Sunday, September 13, 2015

RANDOM #35

The history of our grandparents is remembered not with rose petals but in the laughter and tears of their children and their children’s children. It is into us that the lives of grandparents have gone. It is in us that their history becomes a future. ~Charles and Ann Morse

RANDOM #35

I never had the chance to enjoy the company of my grandparents.  Lolo Alejandro died before I was born. Lola Andalucia succumbed to sickness while I was still an infant. According to nanay, since Lola Dacing was sick, she could only kiss me on my feet. They’re my grandparents on my father’s side. On my mother’s side, I only met Lolo Juan and Lola Carmen twice. Once, when they visited us in Calamba while I was still around 4 or 5 years old, and the second time was when we visited them in Bicol. I think I was only 9 years old at that time. That was the last time I saw them.

I envy those who had and still have their chances of being with the presence of their Lolos and Lolas. How I wish, they have lived longer, but life during those times was difficult. The only few things that remind me of them are their old pictures and the stories that my parents have told me about them.

To all the kids and young people out there, enjoy every moment with your grandparents. They are not perfect of course. They have their own share of life’s ups and downs. But one thing is for sure, the love they have for you cannot be measured. It’s simply a perfect love. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.” (Quoted from a Welsh Proverb via the quote garden)

I love them even under this circumstance. I may not even had that chance to know them personally but I love them with all my heart. “History has shown us time and time again that you don’t have to know someone to love them with all your heart.” (Shannon Alder, quoted from Goodreads) But for you, young people who have every single opportunity to be with them…please show how much you love them before it’s too late. “If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can.” (Regina Brett via Brainy Quote)

HAPPY GRANDPARENTS’ DAY TO ALL!

RMP
9/13/2015
Winnipeg MB Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment