Sunday, March 16, 2014

SANCTUARY

leaving you I thought
was the right thing to do
life will be much better
if I run away from you
i can no longer stand
the curses that hunt you down
i’d better look the other way
before I see you drown

now doubts are emerging
virtually I am outgunned
traps are all over the place
just a blunder and I’m done
time’s wasted and lost
traversing this alien ground
i don’t know if I can still
turn this dire state around

forced by circumstances
i’m now feeling the heat
overwhelmed by fear
i’m on a one way street
there’s no other way
turning back is unsafe
but when sanity’s on the line
a grieving soul needs an escape

tired of pretending
there’s no point to hide
the outbursts of emotions
of a struggling mind
i need a getaway
to calm my troubled soul
a sanctuary I guess
before I lose them all

RMP
3/15/2014
Winnipeg MB Canada





No comments:

Post a Comment